Projects in Suriname, South America:
• Over 20 years professional practice in media production. These activities included hosting of public and media events in Suriname, South America.
• Founded the advertising- and media production company “CoJo” in 1979. In this setting, I coordinated several campaigns for major companies in Suriname.
• Focus-change in 1993 from commercial shows to educational programs. The change resulted in increasing involvement in research projects for the production of over 100 documentaries and human interest interview programs with an educational emphasis.
• Founded the NGO “Women for Women” in 1996 (Non-Profit). This required active participation in fund-establishing, writing, producing and presenting television programs with the purpose of increasing awareness among Surinamese Women.
• Served as Master of Ceremonies at several important activities in Suriname and the region. Some are:
Miss Suriname Pageant 1982 and 1993
20 year Independence Celebration of Suriname
Admission of Suriname to the Caribbean Common Market (Caricom)
Visit from President Suharto (Indonesia) to Suriname
Events Suriname-Indian Ladies Association (SILA) 1995-1998